Organised by: Exeter City Futures
Date: Wed 22nd September 2021
Time: 17:30 to 19:00
Location: Online event
Join us for our first Connect event of 2021 where Exeter City Futures will be hosting organisations and community initiatives that focus on supporting Community-led Energy in Exeter.
Exeter City Futures is hosting this Connect event to bring together people who are delivering, and are interested in connecting with, community energy initiatives including, fuel poverty reduction, low carbon energy educational campaigns and access to community renewable energy in Exeter.
Date: Wednesday 22 September 2021
Time: 5.30pm - 7.00pm
Location: A Zoom link will be sent out to all registered attendees nearer the event date.
If you are involved in a project that is enabling community-led energy initiatives we invite you to share your project at this Connect event.
We would love to hear from projects that are:
- Helping residents to lower their fuel bills with energy-saving practices or devices, such as insulation, draught-proofing, LEDs, or tap or shower regulators
- Supporting communities to take ownership of local solutions that are leading to an energy transition
- Installing community energy generators, such as solar panels or wind turbines and providing low cost renewable energy for local neighbourhoods in Exeter
- Researching or developing opportunities for community energy initiatives
- Providing advice on tackling fuel poverty and how to reduce high energy bills
- Delivering educational initiatives that focuses on the benefits of renewable energy and low carbon behaviour change with your local community
Share your project at this Connect event and get feedback and support from like-minds across Exeter who might just become your future collaborators!
- 5-minute project presentations
- Breakout room discussions
- Feedback from the breakout room discussions
DEADLINE: to share your project, register for the event by Wednesday 15 September 2021
You can still attend the Connect event even if you do not want to deliver a presentation. As well as hearing about new ideas, it is also a great opportunity to network, provide input and support projects that will help Exeter become carbon neutral by 2030.
When registering for the event, please indicate if you would like to present your Community Energy project.
If you need more information about the event, would like to discuss your idea further or find out how to deliver a presentation online, please contact us at email@example.com.
About Our Connect Events
Our Connect events provide an open platform, bringing together residents, communities, local businesses, charities and city stakeholders to listen and support community-initiated projects that help Exeter work towards its ambition to be carbon neutral by 2030.
Each Connect event will be framed around a key theme in which we invite Net Zero Change Makers to get involved by presenting their community-led projects. We hope that through sharing knowledge these projects can inspire future community initiatives in other areas across the city.
Our Connect events currently take place online and are hosted through the Zoom platform.
Starting with five-minute pitches and moving to tabling breakout rooms where presenters can take questions and hold discussion about their projects. We hope this format offers a creative and collaborative environment and fosters a vibrant community of Exeter Net Zero Change Makers.
Net Zero Exeter 2030
You can also connect with each other and share your ideas, projects and innovative solutions on how the city can collaborate to meet current and future challenges on our Exeter’s Net Zero Journey Slack workspace.
Find out more about Exeter City Futures’ ambition to become carbon neutral by reading our Net Zero Exeter 2030 Plan.
Exeter City Futures’ Connect Events are supported by The National Lottery Community Fund.