Organised by: Data Science Cornwall
Date: Thurs 29th July 2021
Time: 16:00 to 16:45
Location: Online event
Coastline Housing is an established not-for-profit housing association based in Cornwall. Coastline manages approximately 5,000 homes. A significant amount of business activity is maintenance and repair.
Coastline Housing firmly believes that insights from data can, and should, drive business planning and just-in-time actions. Coastline has a detailed inventory of homes and their configuration, a record of faults and maintenance, as well as environmental sensors in some homes.
The aim of this project is to explore the data to:
* Establish when repairs are likely to become necessary.
* Identify correlations between home build and design configuration and issues such as damp.
* Patterns which indicate residents in need of additional or urgent support.
Join the session to find out more about Coastline Housing's operations, and the data itself, and discuss ideas for how this data can benefit both business efficiency and also residents' quality of life too.
There will be time for questions and discussion after the presentation of the challenge.
After this session you can work in a group, or individually, and present your findings at a follow up event.
Data Challenge Cornwall
The idea for Data Challenge Cornwall emerged after it became clear that businesses, entrepreneurs and individuals with expertise and enthusiasm weren't aware of the open challenges in key sectors in Cornwall - and therefore couldn't participate in solving them.
The benefits of participating include:
* Opportunities - Joining a challenge gives you the chance to showcase your expertise and your business.
* Learning - Data challenges are an excellent way to learn new and develop existing data science skills.
* Make Friends - Thee Data Challenge series is an opportunity to make friends with others who share your interest in data, technology and Cornwall’s leading industries.
All events are free to attend.
All events are suitable for a general audience that has an interest and some knowledge of data analysis and tools. Students are as welcome as professionals. You don't need to be an expert, the challenges can be a great opportunity to learn.
All events are online-only due to the coronavirus situation.
Read more about Data Challenge Cornwall 2021 here: https://www.datachallengecornwall.org/